One of the healthiest foods that you and your child can eat is.....quinoa!
Quinoa is considered a “Superfood” for numerous reasons. It is a gluten-free, whole grain that is high in fiber and packed with potassium and iron. It is also a whole protein, containing all nine essential amino acids, which makes it a great option for those who don’t eat meat. To add to the long list of benefits, it can be paired with so many different things and used for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals!
Below are some of our family’s favorite ways to enjoy Quinoa:
- Quinoa & Black Beans (Deucey’s favorite)
- Quinoa & Roasted Vegetables
- Quinoa as a substitution for rice
- Quinoa inside of Stuffed Peppers
- Quinoa & Fruit - great breakfast option (Fun Fact: Deucey prefers it over oatmeal)
- Quinoa Salads
- Quinoa Burgers
There are so many more ways and recipes out there. Find ones that work best for your family and enjoy!