As moms, we tend to take on a lot and it can get pretty overwhelming. Whether you have a newborn, toddler or an older child, you need to make time for YOU. Take a break from being “superwoman”. The children will be fine. The house will be fine. Just relax. Mentally, you need this and definitely deserve it.
Some things that I find helpful are:
- Taking at least 1 hour to read, listen to music/podcasts and scroll on social media lol
- Self care appointments (hair, nails, lashes/brows, wax, etc.)
- Exercising- this benefits you physically and mentally and you don’t need to go to the gym to get a good workout in
- Shopping! I love online shopping but actually going into different stores can be a great getaway
- Catching up on my favorite shows or finding a good movie
There are so many more things that you can do. Just remember, in order to take care of your family, you have to take care of yourself.
If no one has told you today, you are an awesome mom and you’ve got this!